Hearing Aid and Audiology Services
Our primary responsibilities are: (1) audiometric testing to determine the exact nature and cause of your hearing loss, (2) referring you to a physician specialist if surgery or other medical treatment is the best or only remedy for your type of hearing loss, and (3) fitting and servicing hearing aids for you if your type of hearing loss can best be helped in this way. In addition, we offer a number of other services to our patients:
We keep a supply of batteries for you to purchase in our office. Stop in routinely for fresh batteries. Make sure to check the batteries in your hearing devices often and make sure there is no dirt, wax or debris interfering with the batteries performance. Batteries that are properly charged will make a noise (a squeal) when cupped in your hand or after it has been inserted in your ear, when you cup your hand over the hearing aid it will also make a noise.
- Size 10 (yellow)
- Size 312 (brown)
- Size 13 (orange)
- Size 675 (blue)
Brain Fitness Program
Just as you need to exercise your body to keep it performing well and at a high level, you also need to exercise your brain to optimize it's ability to work for you. Hearing Aids are just one component of the service that I offer to my patients. Learn More
Cerumen, or ear wax, can be removed from the ear canal so that it does not interfere with listening or comfort, especially for individuals who wear hearing aids. Learn More
Diagnostic Audiologic Evaluations
Scheduled and performed by our licensed and nationally certified Hearing Healthcare Professional are subject to professional fees. Insurance often covers these services. Learn More
Hearing Aid Dispensing & Fitting
At the hearing aid fitting, you will receive the hearing aids you selected. They are programmed based on a prescription that is specific to each person’s hearing loss. The hearing professional may make adjustments after you try the hearing aids to make sure the settings and fit are ideal for you. Learn More
Hearing Aid Repairs
Some minor hearing aid repairs can be done in the office setting in a short period of time; others will need to be sent to the manufacturer for repair. Your hearing professional can help determine what kind of a repair is necessary if you feel your hearing aid is not working properly. Learn More
In Office Services
We encourage ongoing cleaning and maintenance after your hearing aid purchase to ensure you receive optimum performance and benefit from your hearing aid(s). We encourage all our patients to come in for regular hearing aid check-ups and cleaning.
Repairs, Maintenance, Cleanings, and Warranties come with all brands of hearing aids. We offer in-office repairs when possible on most makes/models.
Live Speech Mapping
Live Speech Mapping is a fitting process that uses probe microphones and live real-time speech to allow the patient and their family members to immediately see and understand the benefits of hearing aids and fitting adjustments. Learn More
Otoacoustic emission testing allows the audiologist to understand how the outer hair cells of your inner ear are working.
Tinnitus Evaluation and Management
Tinnitus is described as a ringing in the ear, and can range in severity. A tinnitus evaluation can help you identify how much tinnitus interferes with your daily life and if there are treatment options that can benefit you. Learn More
Tympanometry is an examination used to test the condition of the middle ear and mobility of the eardrum (tympanic membrane) and the conduction bones, by creating variations of air pressure in the ear canal.
Other services we offer include:
- Tympanometry: Measuring the mobility of the eardrum and the small bones (ossicles) of the middle ear, to determine their efficiency in transmitting sound.
- Management and removal of cerumen (ear wax).
- Evaluation and treatment of tinnitus (ringing or other noises in the ear).
- Speech in noise testing, to evaluate your hearing efficiency in a noisy environment with and without hearing aids.
- Fitting of custom-made swim molds and earmolds; sale of other noise protection items and Ipod headphones.
- Sale of replacement batteries for all makes and models of hearing aids under a special discount program.
- Sale of assistive listening devices for use with television, telephone or in public meetings.
- Repair and servicing of all makes and models of hearing aids and assistive listening devices.
- Real-ear measurement: live speech mapping while wearing hearing aids.
- Reprogramming of hearing aids to accommodate changes in your hearing profile.
- LACE (Listening and Communication Enhancement) programs.
- Computer-based “brain training” to improve your discrimination of sounds.
- Employment testing.
- Aural rehabilitation counseling for you and your family.
- Second-opinion consults